IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR A TERMINAL ATTTENDANT - PERM FULL TIME
As a midstream company, we provide a vital connection between oil producing assets and end-markets throughout North America.
We are engaged in the movement, storage, blending, processing, marketing and distribution of crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products. We also provide waste and water management services.
Our integrated operations allow us to “touch the barrel” multiple times throughout the midstream energy value chain.
Gibsons has an immediate opening for a TERMINAL ATTENDANT at our Ernestown GGL facility.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Terminal Attendant II contributes to the overall terminal operations, executing product handling, maintenance and safety related tasks at the facility.
- Perform day-to-day operations activities of the facility as assigned.
- Adhere to safe work practices, HSS&E management systems, site specific operating procedures.
- Participate in emergency preparedness and response activities for the facility.
- Performs work in adherence to Job Hazard Assessment (JHA), Field Level Hazard Assessment (FLHA), and Safe Work Permits.
- Assist in inspection, maintenance and repair programs of plant equipment.
- Execute railcar movements in to, within, and out of facility.
- Perform railcar offloading and product transfer activities in accordance with operational and administrative controls.
- Assist Drivers in troubleshooting issues at truck loading racks as needed.
- Respond, report and investigate incidents in collaboration with Supervisor Logistics East and HSSE.
- Interface professionally with vendors, customers, carriers, other service providers.
- Perform general maintenance and housekeeping to equipment, grounds, and buildings.
- Flexible and adaptable to complete site specific duties and tasks as required.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively deal with difficult situations and conversations.
- Able to carry out all duties without immediate supervision, but with access to support from experienced team members.
- Ability to understand and perform assigned task objectives within established procedures.
- Punctual, dependable, and accountable for quality and timeliness of own work.
- Adaptable to changing conditions, and meeting objectives under time restraints.
- Mechanical aptitude, technologically competent.
- Possess a minimum Grade 12 high school diploma. Post-secondary education will be considered an asset.
- 1-2 years’ experience in propane terminal operations or related field.
- Related Engineering or Trades qualification is a definite asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications or equivalent.
- Hold, or are able to obtain necessary accreditations: TDG, WHMIS, Standard First Aid, PPO-1
- Flexibility for work hours. Participate in after-hours Emergency Response as needed.
- Work outdoors for extended periods, exposure to heat and cold.
- Exposure to petrochemical hazards.
- Proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
As this is a safety sensitive position, applicants who are extended an offer will be required to undergo a Drug & Alcohol screening process. All employment offers are contingent upon a successful completion of this screening process.