At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Rogers Radio Kingston is looking for a Program Director for K-Rock 1057 & Country 93.5. This is a rare opportunity to lead 2 great stations, work in a challenging and rewarding company and live in one of Canada’s Best Cities.
We’ll know in 2 minutes if you’re friendly, outgoing, curious and have a sense of humour. (Which is all needed) but we also must have someone who can execute with a sense of urgency and passion. Tell us about that in your cover letter. Creativity is a given essential, as is the ability to lead and motivate creative people.
This is a job for a strategic thinker, tactician, motivator and someone who thrives on rolling up their sleeves. Modern times call for modern attitudes along with the traditional LOVE of radio!!
- Manage, motivate and grow the IQ of the programming department.
- Coordinating with music, production, news and promotions departments to accomplish the sound of the station in accordance with the station formats.
- Directly responsible for announcers and their on-air presentation, coaching and development; as well as the production and music departments.
- Overseeing the digital product including the websites and social media platforms.
- Work in conjunction with the Promotions Director and Sales Department with respect to promotions, contests and advertising.
- Manage budgets for the programming departments.
- Day to day scheduling of on-air talent and managing vacation.
- Ensure station complies with CRTC regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in programming management or comparable experience.
- The desire to develop and strengthen your team
- Experience building programming and promotions strategies.
- Possess creative and innovative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of CRTC content regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented, as well as ability to multitask.
- Highly proficient in using the Music Master Music scheduling system and Wide Orbit Automation.
- Required computer skills include Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience on-air would be an asset.
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver