- Full Time
- Kingston, ON K7L 5N4
Help Desk Agent – Talent Pool
Help Desk Agent – Talent Pool
The Claims Services Branch, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, is looking for motivated individuals to provide customer service to external clients for a variety of programs and systems. This competition will be used to fill unilingual positions.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Respond to and log Tier2 and Tier3 phone calls covering a broad range of inquiries from medical professionals by following the guidelines, policies and processes of the Client Support Stream.
• Assist clients with submissions of electronic claims and complex claims issues while escalating where appropriate.
• Be part of a highly dynamic team transforming Health Service Delivery for our clients.
• Treat health information as highly confidential.
How do I qualify?
INTERPERSONAL AND TEAMWORK SKILLS:
• Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills to apply effective telephone techniques, customer service principles and quality standards when dealing with inquiries.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
• Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team environment.
• Oral communication skills to elicit information and provide guidance to clients when responding to inquiries clearly and concisely.
• Written communication skills to document problem tickets or correspond with internal clients.
ANALYTICAL AND JUDGEMENT SKILLS:
• Knowledge of research and information gathering methods, techniques and tools to access relevant and accurate information.
• Demonstrated ability to use judgment to resolve customer issues, identify anomalies and the need to escalate.
ORGANIZATIONAL AND MULTI-TASKING SKILLS:
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills to plan, prioritize and coordinate work activities.
• Ability to complete work within acceptable timeframes within a high-volume environment.
COMPUTER AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
• Computer proficiency with software, word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, databases and internet applications.
• Demonstrated mathematical skills to assist with payment inquiries and discrepancies.
Salary Range: $24.15 - $28.15 per hour
- Permanent, 49 Place D'Armes, Kingston, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- Temporary, 49 Place D'Armes, Kingston, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- The successful candidates will be required to undergo a satisfactory criminal reference check prior to the commencement of employment.
- The number of positions to be filled has not been identified at this time. This competition will be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates to fill upcoming opportunities within the next eighteen months following the closing date of the job ad posting.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, September 5, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 109187 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.