Heavy Truck Service Manager
As a family owned and operated company for over 30 years, Surgenor Truck Group has built a solid reputation by providing superior quality products and services. When it comes to knowing trucks, no one does it better than the professionals at Surgenor Truck Group. There is a reason that Surgenor Truck Group has been recognized numerous times by Volvo, Mack and Isuzu trucks.
When it comes to hiring, Surgenor Truck Group looks at potential, not just experience. Surgenor Truck Group values their employees and are willing to invest in their growth by providing training with cutting edge technology, the newest engines, computer programs and diagnostic tools. And because we consider our employees family, we insist on protecting them and their family’s well-being by providing medical and dental benefits, and other optional coverages and plans.
If you take pride in a hard day’s work, are adaptable, a problem solver, and a self-starter, we want you to be part of The Surgenor Truck Group at our Ottawa, Ontario location.
Surgenor Truck Group, Ottawa is looking for an experienced Service Manager to join our dynamic team. The potential candidate will be responsible for the day to day operation of the dealership’s service department in compliance with established policies and procedures. This person will plan, direct, lead and control all activities of the service department to ensure the overall growth and profit objectives are met. The Service Manager will need to maintain the highest quality standard of professionalism in serving the customer, working with our service team, and identifying all their needs.
· Assesses present and future needs, trends, problems and profit opportunities. Takes appropriate action as necessary.
· Establishes short and long term operating and financial objectives
· Stays informed on new products and other general information of interest to customers that will assist in sales efforts
· Maintains records and reports on all phases of service activities
· Coordinates efforts with outside parts and service sales personnel to achieve full market penetration
· Keep all departments informed of all customer complaints and needs
· Purchase tools and equipment required to maximize the efficiency of the service department
· Direct and assist supervisors in service department functions
· Solicit new customers and maintain policies and practices that will ensure positive customer relations with existing and new customers
· Be familiar with activities of competition, market conditions, and department operations
· Keep General Manager informed of all pertinent service activities
· Review Warranty Accounts Receivable and assist the Warranty Department in any way needed to expedite claim processing
· Coordinates and oversees that training programs are properly conducted and maintained
· Ensure safety and security and appearance of the building and vehicle maintenance
· Responsible for all Service personnel
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Should possess a high school diploma
· A college degree or a certificate/degree from a trade school and a 310T license is preferred, but not required
· Minimum 5 years’ experience; heavy truck experience is preferred but not required
· Must have strong customer service skills
· Must have general computer knowledge
Surgenor Truck Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses to this advertisement, Surgenor Truck Group wishes to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.