- Full Time
- Inverary, ON K0H 1X0
Experienced Driller needed to run own rig!
Canadian Environmental Drilling & Contractors Inc. specializes in Direct Push, Conventional Auger and Rotary drilling, DTH air hammer, HV Coring, SPT sampling and other methods used to collect soil, water and rock samples.
To deliver a quality product as per customer specifications, in a safe cost effective manner, while complying with Canadian Environmental Drilling & Contractors Inc.’s operational performance targets, safety iniatives and company policies and procedures.
Drilling is hard physical work carried out in difficult and often extreme climatic conditions. Drillers put up with dust, dirt, mud, grease, insects, wildlife, altitude, extreme temperatures and other outdoor and manual work related conditions. Work sites can be almost anywhere and can be in very remote areas at times. Working time is typically long hours/days and can be out of town work, requiring anywhere from 1-2 days to a couple of weeks depending on the contract. Overtime work is required and the ability to adapt to a changing daily routine.
Senior Driller to operate our Environmental/Geotechnical and Coring drill units. We are looking for someone with at least 3-5 years’ experience in Environmental/Geotechnical and coring drilling, is competent in SPT sampling, hollow stem, solid stem and direct push methods.
- Be physically fit.
- Work under instructions of president/manager. Daily routine work is accomplished with minimal direction depending on the competency level.
- Perform without supervision tasks for which competency has been assessed.
- Monitor a safe workplace, maintain workplace safety and apply risk management processes for elimination of work related injuries, damage to equipment and incident-related lost time.
- Identify and minimize environmental hazards
- Run on-site operations, implement operational plan and develop work priorities.
- Set up and prepare for daily drilling operations
- Conduct drilling using sound drilling practices and techniques
- Address customer needs
- Carry out operational maintenance
- Maintain accurate operating records, including daily drill reports and inventory logs.
- Contribute to and establish effective workplace relationships
- Provide training through instruction and demonstration of work skills, coaching and mentoring to other field employees
- Respond to problems
- Actively pursue competency assigned in training plan
- High school diploma or equivalent, Well Technician Course is preferred, with MOE Well Technician Licence Class 3.
- 3+ years of directly related experience
- First Aid/CPR, WHMIS
- Mechanically inclined
- DZ licence with Air Brake or above.
Positon Type: Full Time
Benefits: Full benefits are offered to our employees after a 3-month probation period.