Share with friends:
Principal Wireless Eng IIJOB SUMMARY
Lead Individual contributor who is responsible for providing technology leadership for the development of wireless software development in SCP(Spectrum Connectivity Platform) and RRM/SON. Drive the wireless technology roadmap with stakeholders, i.e. product organization, engineering and operations as well as vendors and MSO partners.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Wireless Software Architect
- Develop overall wireless software architecture and manage development of key wireless features for Spectrum Connectivity Platform (SCP), and demonstrate innovative solutions.
- Collaborating with product owners, vendors, and management to determine and manage functional and non-functional software requirements for Wireless Strategic Software Initiative efforts.
- Be an expert at Wireless and Networking protocols including WiFi-5, WiFi-6, scheduling, QoS, airtime fairness, band-steering.
- Deep knowledge of Wireless/WiFi alliance protocols and history of productizing newer standards including WiFi-6.
- Knowledge of Radio Resource Management and self organizing networks.
- Expertise in router gateway functionality with IPv4/IPv6, Network topologies, RRM/SON, 802.3/802.11 functionalities.
- Ability to develop software and cloud architecture and manage end to end software development effort with ability to guide implementation and testing
- Develops a long-term technology evolution roadmap (3-5 years) articulating the strategic decision points, technology evolution plan and recommendations with regard to technology and network infrastructure investments.
- Contributes and represents Charter in relevant industry and standards forums such as: the Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA), CableLabs, IEEE, WiFi Alliance (WFA), CableWiFi MSO Alliance, Small Cell Forum, etc.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Deep knowledge in wireless access technologies including WiFi and familiarity with 5G/4G Cellular and a clear track record of delivering software architecture for wireless gateways/devices.
- Deep technical knowledge of router designs, networking protocols and gateway funcationalities
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of wireless access technologies including WiFi, 4G-LTE and IoT as well as competency with key networking elements such as routing, switching, and security.
- Ability to lead complex projects working with a matrix team of engineers at junior and senior levels across the different Engineering Organizations.
- Strong technology expertise, proven leadership skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, superb technical skills, and a strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and electronically.
BSEE in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent;
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Technology Development & Management 10+
Technology management experience working with the top 5-7
MSOs, Telco, satellite operators or major wireless vendor in the U.S.
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Management experience Some management experience preferred