Share with friends:
Principal Mobile Engineer – Android – PE ICOMPANY OVERVIEW
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
As one of the country’s leading connectivity providers and largest ISPs, Charter appreciates the tremendous value WIFI provides our customers today and how it will power the technological innovations of the future. Today, Charter’s WIFI network serves more than 300 million wireless devices, many of which are smart phones provided by cellular companies, and carries 80 percent of the data consumed on those devices in our customers’ homes and offices.
The wireless device engineering team is seeking a Principal Android engineer to work on mission-critical projects contributing to Charter’s commitment of building and expanding intelligent WIFI capabilities.
As a member of the wireless engineering organization, you’ll be required to work in an agile team environment where professional respect and communication is key. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. You must be fun, energetic, outgoing and willing to go the extra mile for your teammates.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Principal Android Engineer will own the design, development, documentation, and troubleshooting of our Connection Manager application in addition to new technology projects involving Android. You should have a real passion for the latest technology trends and be willing to share new technology opportunities with the broader team. More specifically, you will:
• Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible and unit-tested appropriately
• Communicate frequently and effectively with other developers and quality engineers on the team in addition to our product owners, scrum masters and project managers.
• Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution
• Implement new features within our Agile delivery methodology while following our established architectural principles and practices
• Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications and anticipate potential errors/issues
• Extensive production experience with native Android application development
• Experience in making critical, architectural decisions for a development team, providing sound technical direction and communicating effectively
• Strong knowledge of Java, Kotlin, Gradle and the Android SDK
• Knowledge of using RESTful APIs
• Proficiency building large scale, complex, Android applications optimized for both UX and performance
• Experience working on large scale mobile projects leveraging rigid and complex architectural patterns
• Working experience in Agile software development and leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
• Familiarity using test-driven development frameworks or automated testing tools for mobile development
• Team player mindset and a great sense of humor
• Willingness to mentor and advise other engineering team members
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid analytical and troubleshooting abilities
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
• 7+ years Android application development experience
• 10+ years overall application development experience
• 3+ years web services development experience using REST, JSON, XML
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; Master’s preferred