Share with friends:
Network Engineer II - IP ManagementJOB SCOPE
The position will provide Tier 4 IP addressing support for IP address request, both unicast and multicast, and issue escalations from various LoB (Line of Business), Data. Voice, Video, and Charter Business. This role will also work with IP Control System Engineering team for company wide IP blocks synchronization with Charter production networks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the experience of stake holders who need IP addresses to run business and/or grow customer base
- Support and lead allocation and maintenance of multicast IP for video service across all three legacy entities (L-CHTR/L-TWC/L-BHN) of new Charter
- Participate in efforts to stand up a new IP management system (IP Control) for L-TWC and L-BHN networks
- Collaborating with DNT (Data Network Transport) team to clean up inefficient and inconsistent IP address allocation and enable better routing summary.
- Working with IP Control System Engineering team on IP blocks streamlining to enable better IP utilization.
- Help define best practices of manage IPv4 and IPv6 address allocation and consumption
- Lead the development and documentation of multicast IP technical standards
- Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding IP Control planning, configuration and optimization
- Provides tier support across organizations
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead
- Coaches less experienced staff
- Know, understand and follow company policy
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of network engineering experience.
- Minimum two (2) years experience with Cisco/Juniper.
- Minimum two (2) years of Data network experience.
- Experienced with TCP/IPv4 and IPv6, and ISIS/OSPF/BGP, Multicast, and MPLS/LDP networking protocols
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Transport)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Advanced Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology, TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Strong knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly, and the use of personal computer and software applications
- Industry, vendor specific, and other applicable professional certifications such as (CCNA / JNCIA / NRSI / SCTE IPEP Cert exams).