Share with friends:
2020 Spectrum Intern: Product InternshipAt a Glance
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above / graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Software Development
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Network Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Advanced Analytics
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Opportunity to learn about project management in the world of Agile software development, including reporting, documentation, analysis, delivery and budget tracking
- Process improvement end to end for onboarding process (analyze current process, work to automate processes through existing technology and systems).
- Work on researching the next features to SpectrumEnterprise.net. Gain experience Restful APIs, Web Development, Data Transformation, QA testing, and any other activities involved in Front End development.
- Support our team with generative and evaluative research methods including workshops, usability testing, surveys, and a broad sweep of activities designed to deliver data and customer insights to our Product and Design stakeholders
- Embed within accessibility team, learn the know hows around establishing accessibility program, legal obligations, technical standards for creating web/native apps accessibility, needs of users with various types of disabilities, how to create products that meet needs for users with varying abilities
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience. Research the evolving content delivery space of both competitors and peers. Works cross functionally with Video Product Data team, Business Intelligence, Marketing, Programming, and others to support video initiatives. Establish credibility with internal and external team members in support of TV development and research projects across various platforms.
- Perform product management and development tasks in support of Internet product initiative delivery (e.g. low latency broadband services, network intelligence, security and privacy services for Residential and SMB customers). Tasks will include but are not limited to customer and feature research, data analysis, task/risk/issue tracking, conducting meetings, preparing meeting minutes and status documentation, and communication to stakeholders. These tasks are essential to the on time successful delivery of new products and services to Charter customers.
- Design system conceptualization. Design system research and testing. Design system production. Design and production of executive presentations. Design system evangelization, including cross-team collaboration and presentations
Potential titles may include
- Product Analyst
- UI Software Developer
- UX Designer
- UX Writer
- Business Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Industrial Designer
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Analytical skills
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Business Analysis
- Coding, programming
- Database query languages
- Data science and analytics
- Front end development
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Predictive modeling, machine learning
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Scripting and reporting
- Software development skills
- QA Process
- Technical documentation
- Technical analytical tools such as VBA, SQL, SAS
- Familiarity with different wireless access technologies (LTE, NB-IoT, LoRa )
- Enhanced Packet Core (EPC)
- TCP/IP internetworking
- Adobe Suite
- iOS and Android