- Part Time
- March 1, 2019
- 3120 Barley Mill Rd, Hockessin, DE 19707
Grounds Maintenance Assistant (Seasonal)
The Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Assistant support the Grounds Team in the overall maintenance of Mt. Cuba Center’s landscape, including woody and herbaceous plantings, lawns, woods, garden features, paths and roadways.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in maintaining the health and look of turf through mowing, fertilizing, watering, weed-eating, aerating, and applying compost and compost tea
- Assist in maintaining woody and herbaceous plantings through planting, weeding, pruning, mulching, and other horticultural activities
- Assist in maintaining roads, pathways, and parking areas through surface maintenance, renovations, and leaf, debris, and snow removal
- Support the Horticulture Department teams by assisting with the maintenance of trees, shrubs, and plants through pruning, planting, transplanting, fertilizing, watering, and weeding
- Assist the Grounds team in making regular repairs to maintain the fences, walls, garden furniture, drains, catch-basins, bridges, curbing, patios, terraces, courtyards, and other hardscape features
- Perform regular repair and servicing activities to maintain the good condition of tools and equipment
- Ability to safely and effectively operate and maintain a wide range of hand tools, power tools, vehicles and small and large engine equipment
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties
- Self-motivated, organized, attentive to details, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed
- Requires strenuous physical work; Frequent standing, bending, twisting, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 50 pounds.
Please note this is a part time, seasonal position working under 1,000 hours between the months of March and December.