The University of Delaware
The Admissions Department receives more than 28,000 first year and transfer student applications per year, hosts on-campus and off-campus recruitment events, and maintains a prospect list of nearly 300,000 students nationwide and throughout the world. Under general direction of an Associate Director, the Admissions Counselor delivers on-campus and off-campus admissions programs, reviews freshman and transfer applications for undergraduate admission, networks and builds relationship between high school counselors, prospective students, and parents.
- Advise students and families regarding educational opportunities and options, admission and other requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, and financial assistance, as appropriate.
- Serve as a member of the Admissions Committee, review credentials, and make recommendations for admission decisions.
- Network and develop collaborative relationships with assigned high schools.
- Speak to groups and individual students, and meet with school officials to develop partnerships between the University and other institutions throughout an assigned geographic region.
- Serve as the primary contact and reader of applications for admission from students who attend those high schools.
- Represent the University of Delaware Admissions Office at evening college fairs, college nights, and admissions panels.
- Host off-campus receptions for prospective students and parents, and for high school counselors.
- Cultivate relationships with prospective students and their parents.
- Maintain communication with prospective students through all stages of the recruitment and admission process.
- Develop and deliver on-campus information sessions, including some Saturday and Sunday sessions.
- Interview prospective students and candidates for admission.
- Participate and provide support to UD Colleges in their on-campus recruitment programs and yield activities.
- Conduct admissions recruitment travel as assigned. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective written and oral communication and organizational skills required.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is desirable.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of student recruitment, retention issues and admissions standards is expected.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as a team member to achieve common goals is expected.
- Proficient computer skills and use of presentation software required.
- Some weekend and evening work required.
- Valid drivers license and regular access to private reliable means of transportation required. During the spring and fall, position will require travel, weekends and extended hours.
To Apply: For more information and to apply online visit: https://careers.udel.edu/en-us/listing/. Search for Job ID 496545.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment. The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer with diversity as one of its core values.