- Full Time
- 40,000 Year
- 191 S Henning Rd, Danville, IL 61834
Logistics and Operations Specialist
Responsible for assisting Transportation Manager with truck dispatching, accounting, and analytical reporting, DOT/safety compliance, driver payroll and new hire documentation and orientation. In addition, special projects and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions of the position, include but are not limited to:
- Dispatch trucks daily throughout the week and on alternating evenings and weekends.
- Develop intimate knowledge of company, processor, and other customer locations.
- Responsible for accounting requirements.
- Maintain DOT/safety compliance program.
- Participate in new hire documentation and orientation for drivers.
- Prepare driver/equipment pay settlements on a weekly basis.
- Administrative duties including handling mail, telephone, reviewing bills, copying, faxing, and filing.
- Participate in all aspects of cross-training with other personnel in the department.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn and understand regulatory issues and business operations.
- Detail oriented in thinking, planning and work habits.
- Possess a high level of leadership skills.
- Experience in logistics and dispatching.
- DOT knowledge.
- Comprehensive computer skills to keep accurate records of all vehicle movements.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and at a fast pace.
- Strong management skills in assisting with driver assignments and developing cooperation among the team of drivers.
- Knowledge of geographical area to facilitate efficient routing.
- Livestock experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Parks Livestock offers a competitive salary and a complete benefit package, including 401(k), health, dental, vision, LTD, Voluntary Life and more.
Qualified candidates should send resume to email@example.com.