Fleet Maintenance Site Manager - Danville IL
Fleet Maintenance Site Manager
Site Manager – Fleet Maintenance - Transportation
In business since 1988, Vector Fleet Management provides comprehensive multi-year contracted maintenance solutions nationwide. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, we have multiple satellite operations at various contract sites across the country. Instead of striving to be the largest provider of fleet services, we focus on being the best. Maintenance is our ‘one mission’ and we know what it takes to run a successful maintenance operation.
We have an immediate opening for a Site Manager in the Danville, IL area. This position would report directly to the Director of Operations and would have daily interaction with our dedicated customer, and be responsible for the on-site shop that supports our dedicated customer. Proven experience and track record of excellent customer and employee relations is a must. Solid knowledge of Class 8 tractors and trailers is a must, reefer knowledge is a plus. This is an excellent opportunity for a very key position with a rapidly growing company that has a true customer service culture. A competitive compensation package is available for the right candidate.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Hands on management with a team consisting of 8 technicians and administrative assistant.*
- Direct involvement with a dedicated customer for scheduling equipment down, communicating needs and resolving equipment related maintenance issues.**
- Communicating regularly with Vector corporate staff.*
- Years of experience: 10
- Educational requirements: High School graduate with at least some college preferred.
- Strong mechanical knowledge of Class 8 over the road tractors and trailers.
- Experience in managing multiple technicians and shifts in a shop environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, with a focus on Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Discipline: a proven track record as a self-starter and adherence to company policies.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as it relates to company employees.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and operational level.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing with customers (either internal or external) are a must.
What We Offer:
- Extremely competitive compensation plan for the right candidate.**
- Paid Vacation
- FULL benefits (health, dental, and vision)
- 401k Plan
- And More!!!
This is a true opportunity to be a valuable key player in the management team at Vector Fleet. If you feel that your skill sets and experience match what we are looking for, please apply now.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time