Temporary Office Technician - Statewide
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking candidates who are interested in making a difference in the lives of fellow Nebraskans. This temporary position could be the first step in an exciting new career "Helping People Live Better Lives!" We are looking for candidates who are action oriented, customer focused, and organized to work in a fast paced, high-volume work.
This advertisement is for temporary positions that are expected to last until October 1, 2022.
Temporary work with the DHHS is a great way to gain skills, knowledge and experience that can assist a candidate in the competitive hiring process for our permanent positions!
***Positions currently available in McCook, Omaha, O'Neill, Ord and Falls City.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Examples of Work
As a MLTC Office Technician you will:
- Have face to face and telephone interaction with customers of varied socio-economic levels while gathering financial and demographic information
- Performs office support for Medicaid and Long-Term Care and other divisions as needed
- This support involves receiving customers, operating various equipment such as scanning/imaging equipment, multi-line telephones and computers to obtain necessary customer information entering and filing data, searching records, keyboarding, preparing documents for imaging and tying (digitally attach) customer paper and electronic applications
- Reviews received customer applications for services and completeness; inputs required information into program for accessibility by caseworkers; categorizes and indexes documents as they are scanned; performs quality control, inspection and verification of scanned documents; stores paper documents in a prescribed manner so they are retrievable and associated with the correct customer
- Utilizes critical thinking skills connecting customers with the appropriate staff and scheduling appointments in Outlook
- Assists customers in use of the kiosk to access services available through the agency and other appropriate community partners
- Maintains community support updates to provide information to customers and community members concerning the services and resources available through the agency and community partners
- Maintains reception area and interview room orderliness, stocks brochures and keeps applications available. Checks drop box regularly throughout the day
- Various other duties, including: updates daily customer walk-in traffic report. Processes mail. Adheres to policy and procedures to ensure proper flow of customer paperwork. Participates in special projects according to business need.
- Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Coursework/training or experience in public contact, customer service, and/or performing and applying office/clerical support procedures, including the use of a personal computer, associated software, and office equipment.
- Experience and proficiency using Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience and proficiency using NFOCUS
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus Other: Specific positions in this class may require an employee to possess a valid driver's license in order to perform work related travel. Position may require long periods of sitting and occasional light lifting.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General office practices and procedures; computer office applications, systems and programs; maintain records and files; scanning/imaging equipment, multi-function copy machines, computers, multi-line telephones and other office equipment; perform repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Effective communication; English grammar and usage; understand human services practices and procedures; accommodate new methods; maintain confidentiality; sharp attention to detail; proofreading skills; accurate keyboarding skills; and predictable and reliable attendance. #CB
- Temporary employees who work a minimum of 20 hours per week and are placed in an assignment at least six months or longer are eligible to participate in employee benefit programs including:
- Health and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Account (Dependent Care Only)
- Health Savings Account
- Long and Short Term Disability
- 01Please indicate the office/city location where you are interested in working.