Share with friends:
Freelance Producer - Spectrum NewsSpectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering news that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment!
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
JOIN OUR JOURNEY IF…
You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
Tired of chasing breaking news and ratings? Ready to get back to the art of compelling and dynamic storytelling and focus on quality over story count? Our Producers at Spectrum News don’t hyper-focus on words like “exclusive” or “first to report.” Instead, we write engaging, inspiring and issues-based content for a statewide audience that celebrates the state and region. We plan, create and facilitate the execution of stories across all Spectrum News platforms, including television and digital. A Spectrum Networks Producer is responsible for producing content for assigned shows and newscast. Contribute to special features and stories. Participate in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces assigned newscasts and news inserts making decisions on story lineup, video/audio elements, graphics and timing to construct show
- Writes news stories for an assigned newscasts; ensuring content is factually correct and written in a clear and concise conversational style
- Ability to produce live or recorded newscasts
- Verifies stories are written to the pictures being edited and/or vice versa
- Follows through on all assignments meeting required deadlines according to the Executive Producer’s instructions
- Works with associate producers to create the newscast product
- Produces special programming as needed
- Works in computerized newsroom environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or comparable television work experience preferred
- 3 + years Television news experience
- Strong broadcast news writing ability
- Ability to anticipate situations and meet strict deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization
- Knowledge of current events and industry trends
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with the local market
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately
- Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software and basic non-linear editing systems a plus
- Basic editing skills
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
OUR CULTURESpectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Our commitment is to create relevant, timely content essential in the day to day lives of the people who live in the communities we serve. Additionally, our breadth allows us to share relevant content across our nation-wide networks, increasing our opportunity to share timely stories. We truly believe in continually redefining and re-establishing how we engage with our viewers and their local communities. Each Spectrum Networks’ employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude!