Share with friends:
Food Service Cook - YRTC-K
- The Youth and Rehabilitation Treatment Center at Kearney (YRTC-K) is currently hiring for a full-time permanent Food Service Cook. YRTC-K is a 24-hour treatment and rehabilitation facility for male youth. Come join our team and start helping people live better lives. The YRTC Kearney offers excellent benefits including health insurance, paid leave, a retirement plan and Tuition Assistance! Learn more about our benefits at https://statejobs.nebraska.gov/benefits.html
- Examples of Work
- Seasons, cooks, and portions food such as soups, vegetables, meats, salads, and pastry. Prepares meals by using cooking equipment such as slicers, ovens, steam-jacketed kettles, and flat grill. Responsible for dish washing, cleaning, and routine equipment maintenance. May receive, store and distribute food and non-food supplies. Cleans and maintains kitchen equipment. This position will include interaction with the youth in the dining area and will provide a level of supervision of those youth during meals.
- Qualifications / Requirements
- REQUIREMENTS: Food Service Cook - One year of coursework/training in food preparation and/or cooking and baking experience in a large scale food service operation. Food Service Assistant -Coursework, training and/or experience in food preparation, food service or working in a kitchen. YRTC-K is willing to understaff position with an Assistant with possible promotion to Cook.
- Enjoy the benefits of working for the State of Nebraska. Nebraska offers a comprehensive package of pay, benefits, paid time off, and workplace opportunities to help you get the most out of your career and life.
Check out all that the State of Nebraska has to offer!
This link will take you to the benefits currently offered to permanent employees.