G-Tel's Fiber Optics service area has expanded & we are growing!
Telecommunication Installation Technician
Combination (Intallation & Maintenance) Technician
GTel, is a family owned and operated telecommunication company serving residents and businesses in southern Columbia County, N.Y.. The company is seeking a qualified Installation & MaintenanceTechnician.
This position accurately and safely installs, maintains and services customer equipment on customer’s premises for the provision of Internet, voice and video services. Technicians install drop wires, station protectors and network interface devices and perform initial wiring or rewiring for new subscriber systems; place and maintain cable within underground conduit systems. May also assist in maintenance of rights-of-ways plus the installation and removal of aerial wires and cable.
Position also requires the promotion of Gtel services and equipment, the explanation of service fees and operations to customers, and is expected to always be courteously in responding to customers’ inquiries and complaints.
Starting salary based upon experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Safely and efficiently completes residential and business installation of Internet, video and voice services on fiber and copper facilities.
- Effectively and efficiently resolves customer troubles related to Internet, video, and voice services.
- Ability to use or learn to use service equipment including various hand tools, company provided fiber splicing equipment, and other testing equipment.
- Ability to understand and learn fiber distribution network facility maps, company products, and services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to communicate with customers, co-workers and various contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
Seeing: Must be able to read service orders and trouble reports.
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and business contacts.
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about work site.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop, kneel and crawl to perform installations. Also climb ladders and work in high elevations as with a bucket truck.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to hold & pinch wires, write, type and use phone system.
Various working conditions including outdoors in inclement weather and continuous exposure to one or more of the physical elements listed above. Exposed to one element continuously or several elements occasionally, but usually not at the same time.
This position requires 40+ hours per week, which includes being on-call 24x7 rotationally evenings and weekends. Standard hours 8-4:30 M-F.
Please send your resume via this website ASAP, preferably with a cover letter stating salary requested and your reason for applying to this position.
Job Type: Full-time job offering exceptional benefits, and competitive pay rates.
Gtel is in compliance with all CDC recommended precautions to prevent the spread of COVID 19. Masks and hand sanitizer provided and required.