Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst
Empire Merchants North is the premier wine and spirits distributor in Upstate New York with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 700 dedicated associates and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants North has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 9,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets. Empire Merchants North acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Upstate New York.
We are seeking a high energy, motivated Technical Support Analyst.
Travel: Negligible travel required. This position will occasionally travel to our other locations in NY.
Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm. 3-4 Saturdays per year.
Who You Are
Are you a motivated person who is genuinely interested in a role within Information Technology? Are you a new graduate, or someone new to the field who is looking to gain experience, while working with industry standard tools and applications? Do you enjoy working with a team to collaborate and solve difficult problems? Do you take pride in customer service and the experience people have when working with you?
The technical support analyst will provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals. They will be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA.
Perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommended procedures and controls for problem prevention.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
• Provide exceptional customer service via phone, by email or in person as appropriate.
• Is first line of troubleshooting technical related problems, engaging Management within and outside the department as necessary.
• Resolve help desk issues including troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
• Perform user administration duties within all necessary systems including Active Directory, Office 365, Liquid Decisions and SAP.
• Support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and video teleconferencing units.
• Exercises sound professional judgment in analysis of problem in order to: (1) attempt hardware/software solution by phone, or (2) decide proper level of maintenance required to solve problem.
• Repair computers / laptops including replacing hardware components and reloading operating system and all required software.
• Provision iPads for sales force.
• Position may require independent work, sharing information and technical expertise and assisting others with service requests and work orders.
• Diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations.
• Maintains up to date documentation of applications from a technical perspective.
• Escalate tickets when necessary.
No direct supervisory responsibilities
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
• Associates degree in a related field; a bachelor’s degree is a plus
• 2 to 3 years of customer service related experience is required.
• 2 to 3 years of technical support and troubleshooting related experience is required
• Computer system hardware, peripheral setup and configuration experience is required.
• Remote Desktop support experience
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows operating systems installation configuration and troubleshooting.
• Must be able to quickly adapt to new technologies.
• Must be familiar with Office 365 applications as well as administration of users in the Office 365 portal.
• Must be familiar with user and computer management in Microsoft Active Directory.
• Must be a result oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pays attention to detail and meet deadlines.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VI. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to normal business office environment.
In addition, this person is required to work off hours and weekends as needed. Up to 10% travel to remote offices as needed.
Empire Merchants North encourages diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Applicants only, No Recruiters please.
Empire Merchants North is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Empire Merchants North will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.