- Full Time
- 207 N. Butte Street, Willows, CA 95988
Excellent Benefits and Competitive Salary
Dental Assistant - Registered Preferred
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Lead RDA, the Registered Dental Assistant will function as a circulating assistant in chairside dental procedures. The Registered Dental Assistant must be knowledgeable in all dentistry procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials. This position may require travel between Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. sites to help fill temporary staffing vacancies and/or shortages.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list, but rather to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Ability to perform all phases of four (4) handed Dental Assisting duties for
endodontics, oral surgery, pedodontics, prosthodontics and restorative procedures.
- Under the direct supervision of the Staff Dentists, possess the skills necessary to perform Registered Dental Assistant duties as per State of California licensing guidelines.
- Ability to perform standard and radiographic methods. Exposes, processes and mounts diagnostic radiographs.
- Familiarity with dental terminology, materials, medications and instruments used during dental procedures.
- Perform the following supportive tasks to ensure efficiency of patient flow:
- Clean, sterilize instruments, and set up trays.
- Stock and store all supplies and materials.
- Maintenance and testing of equipment (sterilizer, x-ray dosimetry, x-ray processor, etc.) including daily lubrication of equipment.
- Pouring up models and other lab procedures.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and preventive dental education under the supervision of the dentist.
- Inventory and reorder supplies as necessary to maintain par levels.
- Documentation of exam findings in patient record.
k. Maintain clean, orderly and well stocked operatories and laboratory
- Ability to plan work duties to ensure dental clinic efficiency.
- Knowledge of patient scheduling procedures.
- Work in conjunction with Staff Dentists/Dental Coordinator to develop and implement preventive dental activities for the community.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENES:
- Registered Dental Assistant licensed by the State of California preferred.
- Coronal Polish Certification.
- Radiation Safety Certification or completion of a radiation safety course approved
- Current BLS CPR Certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, GED.
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of personal liability automobile insurance as required by California state law.
- Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code Section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All NVIH employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the NVIH’s policies and procedures as they may from time to time be updated.