Join an Exciting, Fast-Growing Regional Non-Profit Company
Business Development manager
Job Type: Business & Technical Development, Customer Relations
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Who We Are
SacValley MedShare (SVMS) is a Health Information Organization (HIO) established to serve the needs of our patients, local populations, and everyone involved in their medical care. The mission of SVMS is to improve the quality and safety of healthcare across the North Central Valley, by sharing health information in a secure and efficient fashion between all providers, facilities, and patients. The vision of SVMS is to become a model for inclusive provision of health information exchange across our diverse communities, which others may build upon to serve similar communities.
Education, Training, and Experience Desired
- Minimum of:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare related field
- 5 years of industry experience in complex healthcare clinical and/or quality management settings
- 5 years of experience in providing clinical collaboration with highly skilled technical project teams
- Demonstrated experience managing external client relationships (e.g., sponsors, stakeholders, business partner, vendors, etc.)
- Experience working with cross functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to breakdown complex problems into manageable goals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office ® Suite
- Expert level group facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness with written and oral communications
- Working knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices
- Outstanding interpersonal skills Desired:
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Prior experience delivering project management services in a healthcare environment
- Highly developed “soft skills” – people-oriented
- Experience in consultative role
- Technologies specific to Health Information Technology
- Familiarities with HL7, XCA/IHE Standards, FHIR, etc.
- Direct experience with change management methodology, communication strategy and training methodology
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Business Development Manager is responsible for providing leadership and drive the execution of multiple strategic planning and technical development activities ensuring alignment is maintained between internal and external partners for creating effective health information exchange (HIE) capabilities. Assure clinical, quality, business and technical resources are coordinated in developing HIE capabilities for the organization. In addition, this role is expected to work effectively with internal and external leaders and key stakeholders, understanding their challenges, identifying creative options, and implementing solutions that will meet the care management needs of all partners.
Work successfully in a highly matrixed environment, with multiple partner organizations, project resources and timelines. Responsible for overseeing and driving strategic HIE programs or projects as assigned. Work across all functional areas of the organization, providing clinical knowledge and care expertise into highly technical HIE programs and projects.
Working with senior leadership from all organizations involved, clarify HIE development goals and objectives, scope, expected outcomes and resource needs; coordinate translating them into detailed program and project plans. This will include gathering and understanding the business requirements to assist leaders in making decisions.
Execute complex, multi-organization program and project plan development ensuring leadership is aware of progress, barriers and risks to achieving business objectives and priorities using HIE technologies, using attributes of effective project management.
Identify and manage key reporting and analytic requirements across internal and external departments and assure management of all process and outcome measures (metrics) related to the program financial, clinical and utilization targets. Assist with program level budget and resources.
Assist with maintaining the repository of HIE project-related communications including work products, tracking logs, and reporting tools to communicate status and deliverables.
Assist the technical support analyst with member onboarding, on-site member training, member communications, and other duties as assigned.