Part Time Return Agent
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent-A-Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multibillion-dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees
This position is responsible for providing superior, friendly, efficient service during all aspects of the rental car process as well as assist all customers with the rental return process. The Return / Handheld position will provide professional, knowledgeable, and courteous service while accurately completing all transactions.
This position is located at the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport and pays $10.00/hour.
- Greet all customers using prescribed, appropriate dialogue as they arrive on the lot.
- Remind customer to check for personal belongings. Identify any items found in the vehicle with a unit number, date, time and turn into lost and found.
- Advise and review rental charges; and provide an accurate receipt to the customer.
- Provide information in a professional and courteous manner regarding transportation to the airport terminal. Thank customers using the prescribed dialogue.
- Complete return transactions with 100% accuracy.
- Inquire about service, satisfaction and document dissatisfaction.
- Discreetly check vehicle for damage on incoming vehicles and direct customer to counter for completion of damage/loss report.
- Use of proper statement to determine if vehicle is being returned with full tank of gas.
- Complete a service alert for any mechanical and or body damage communicated by the customers.
- Identify vehicles, which are on system hold for turnback, time or mileage, recall, or any other special lock and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Identify and tag vehicles that have been flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Keep lot organized for ease of access and traffic flow.
- Management reserves the right to modify, change or delete duties assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position, now or in the future
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience in a fast paced environment
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 convicted moving violations in the last 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related, or reckless convictions on driving record in the last 3 years
- Must be able to work outdoors (parking lot and garage) in the elements with long periods of standing
- Apart from religious observation, must be able to work one of the following schedules not to exceed 30 hours per work week at the Charlottesville Airport:
Sunday - 8am-9pm
- Thursday -12pm- 8pm
- Friday - 8am-6pm