- Full Time
- 951 SW Simpson Ave, Bend, OR 97702
Join a collaborative and supportive team at DOR!!
The Oregon Department of Revenue is currently recruiting for a TAX AUDITOR 1 (Tax Auditor Entry Underfill) to join our Personal Tax and Compliance Division in our Bend Field Office.
UNDERFILL OPTION: The goal is to fill this position at the full level. However, we encourage applicants who meet the under fill qualifications for the 'Tax Auditor Entry' to apply. Employees hired into the 'Tax Auditor Entry' level positions will be re-classified to the Tax Auditor 1 upon passing trial service and meeting the minimum qualifications for that classification.
What will you be doing:
Compliance Section activities include auditing individual income tax returns and conducting in-depth examinations of businesses. Other activities include locating individuals and businesses that are not filing tax returns and bringing them into compliance, collection of taxes from individuals and businesses, providing public assistance in cities where district offices are located, and coordinating on-going compliance projects. The section contacts thousands of taxpayers each year, bringing in millions of dollars to the state's general fund.
What's In It For You:
Benefits to working for the Department of Revenue include a commitment to a work-life balance and:
- Working in an open office with a team of talented and highly motivated individuals
- Access to training that will help in the current role as well as assisting with career growth
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for the employee and qualified family members, including $5,000 in employee basic life insurance
- Paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and 10 paid holidays per year
- Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP)
This is a full-time, SEIU represented position. This recruitment may be used to fill additional vacancies as they occur for multiple locations.