Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company in Oregon?
Simplicity by Hayden Homes Production Department Administrator
WHO WE ARE
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is an on-your-land homebuilder that builds high-quality homes using Hayden Homes’ plans. We manage the burden of coordinating and scheduling multiple tasks throughout the homebuilding process for our customers. We deliver our customers’ homes on time and on budget with zero defects. We are passionate about what we do – Building wealth for our Customers, Team Members, the Communities in which we Build and the Northwest Economy is WHY Simplicity exists. In February 2019, we were honored to be named #1 Best Company to Work For in Oregon by Oregon Business Magazine.
Simplicity has a collaborative, team centric, and execution-oriented culture. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance. If you’re a motivated individual with a strong work ethic who shares our core values and is looking for their next exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
Our Production Team is at the center of everything we do here at Simplicity by Hayden Homes. If you know our production role inside and out, then you know our core business and your opportunity for growth and fulfillment will know no limits.
The Production Administrator is responsible for organizing, building, presenting and maintaining the Job Cost; accomplished through a combination of Start Sheet and Contract analysis, Estimator data establishment, and Project Management support and problem resolution.
Job Cost Build – Responsible for compiling and entering all given and known data into the Sapphire program to create all necessary Purchase Orders that make up the initial Job Budget.
• Generate all Purchase Orders, verifying options included in the Start Sheet and Contract are pulling in the correct bill of materials (BOM).
• Edit any material and labor POs per Estimating’s notes.
• Confirm all required items on the Job Review Checklist (windows, doors, hardware counts etc.)
• Edit any material and labor POs per the Project Manager’s notes and incorporate site specific items from the Pre-Release Check List (PRCL).
• Review the Area Specific Log and incorporate all relevant requirements for that area and home.
• Measure and adjust for job site specific items.
• Account for additional materials needed for interior finishes, sometimes measuring from the plan set is required.
• Review the project against previous similar projects to create consistencies and minimize duplicate work.
• Review contracts for needed indirect costs and upload BOM accordingly.
• For Custom Projects, upload and review the Custom BOM from Estimating.
Job Cost Management – organize and maintain the Job Cost throughout the Job Cycle.
• Coordinate the release of Purchase Orders based on the Permit and Funding approvals as well as the Project Manager’s Construction Schedule.
• Follow up on missing and/or unresolved items for the original Job Build/Budget.
• Receive, research, analyze and enter VPOs to the appropriate Sapphire reason code as required.
• Release and order VPO materials as needed.
• Issue Back Charges as needed per PM.
• Track and process Change Orders and update POs as required.
• Request and review all job close out information from the PMs for final Job Completion.
• Track and follow up on job clean up several months after Job Completion for final Job Cost Close out.
Project Manager Support – Interact with PMs daily regarding POs, VPOs, materials, changes, vendor and other matters as needed.
- Resolve issues with damaged materials and re-orders as needed.
- Re-assign Purchase Orders when sub-contractors change.
- Research accounting invoices as necessary.
- Research, question and resolve discrepancies that exist in material orders/cost against established processes, procedures and standards.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with department co-workers, Project Managers, other
departments, external partners and resources to ensure the successful delivery and timely
completion of our homes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Order Materials – Email or call as needed regarding various material orders.
• Weekly verify and process appliance orders through the GE Website.
• Weekly verify and process cabinet orders via email.
• Daily order VPO material via phone/email as needed.
• New Vendor Set Up including verification of insurance, license agreements and all pertinent paperwork.
• Maintain Sapphire Default Vendor lists and Estimating Contact lists.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Simplicity by Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
Education: High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience required.
Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, to various audiences.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to perform calculations.
- Ability to work with team members to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and strong attention to detail.
- 1-2 years of previous administrative or data entry experience preferred.
- Industry experience in Construction/Home Building strongly desired.
Key Competencies / Success Indicators:
- Active Listening
- Service Focus
- Relationship Building
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Information Seeking
- Analytical Thinking
- Process Management
- Time Management
At Simplicity by Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.