Looking for an Experienced Avionics Lead to Join our Team!
Interested in working for a dynamic, innovative, design-driven company that’s changing the world of aviation? Headquartered in beautiful Bend, Oregon, Epic Aircraft specializes in the design and manufacture of high performance, all carbon fiber aircraft. The Epic E1000 is the fastest, most comfortable, and affordable six- seat single-engine turboprop in the world. We are seeking enthusiastic, passionate individuals willing to work hard, be rewarded, and have fun! Join our team, grow with our company, and contribute to the success of this game-changing aircraft!
The Avionics Lead will be responsible for managing a small crew, overseeing the assembly of wiring harnesses, read and interpret wiring schematics, perform electrical checkouts of various systems and be able to troubleshoot electrical issues.
Your Day-to-Day (Duties):
- Utilize hand tools and computer-based job processing system to complete work
- Troubleshoot software and/or hardware issues at bench assembly or on the aircraft
- Oversee one or more employees in the assembly of wiring harnesses
- Manage products of the Avionics department to suit needs of the program
- Interface with Engineering personnel and provide solutions
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
What You Bring to the Team (Requirements):
- Authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
- Have Lead or Supervisory experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in aircraft electrical systems
- Must have Avionics Experience
- Knowledge of hand tools, fasteners and troubleshooting electrical systems
- Must have a keen attention to detail
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical engineering drawings
- Follow directions and execute processes with minimal direction
- Be team-oriented and have good communication skills
- Must be able to think critically and safely
- Be organized and follow procedures
- Possess good management & problem-solving skills
- Be highly motivated and adapt to changes
- Must be able to read, speak and write English
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Experience with Garmin avionics systems preferred but not required
- Associate or higher college degree preferred but not required
- Paid time off
- Seven paid holidays plus the week between Christmas Day & New Year’s Day
- Company paid health, vision and dental benefits
- 401K retirement plan
- Advancement opportunities
- Friendly team environment
- Fun company events!
- Live and work in Beautiful Bend, Oregon: https://www.visitbend.com/