- Full Time
- 501 S. Spring St., Hartford City, IN 46777
Great Job. Great People. Great Pay.
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and equipment.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment during machine service.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by maintaining the machinery allowing it to run at available capacity and speed.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Special projects as business dictate.
- Duties may be expanded upon and additional duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- Manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Prior work experience in industry preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team-oriented and self-directed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.