Share with friends:
Digital Account Planner - Ad SalesSpectrum Reach is currently searching for an Advanced Advertising Account Planner to support our San Luis Obispo, CA Digital Media market.
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable creative.
The Digital Account Planner is a strategic partner to the Digital Sales Manager. This position plays a key role in translating customer advertising objectives into data driven and effective ad schedules. This key team member is integral in helping the sales team to maximize multi-screen solutions, which has a direct impact on our ability to deliver and exceed on client’s marketing and advertising expectations. This individual will have a passion for marketing and advertising sales and will be closely aligned with other sales team members and cross functional groups. This position requires strong communication skills and strong attention to detail, in a fast paced sales environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Advanced Advertising Sales Managers and Local AEs for Advanced Advertising sales planning.
- Proactively pull information from Client Needs Analysis and work with Advanced Advertising Sales Managers and Account Executives to understand client marketing objectives for defined priority account list.
- Understand how consumers are using media today and incorporate that usage into recommendations and targeting strategies.
- Create effective and strategic data driven proposals using our Advanced Advertising product suite.
- Collaborate with Regional Local Account Planner for multi-screen solutions integrated into overall client presentation particularly focused around key and target solutions.
- Maximize inventory usage to ensure proposal delivery.
- Create an open honest communication line with all Account Executives (May need to balance the competing needs of multiple Account Executives at the same time).
- Ability to sell through the rationale of each campaign recommendation for the Account Executive to deliver to the client and back recommendations with research and data to achieve client objectives.
- Regularly meet with Advanced Advertising Sales Manager and Advanced Advertising Coordinator to review pending and live campaigns
- Regularly gather feedback on the client proposals that were built to understand necessary changes to improve future campaigns.
- Partner with Advanced Advertising Sales Managers and Account Executives to review and evaluate campaign effectiveness; driving account strategy for retaining clients and positioning new business.
- Work cross functionally with different groups such as Inventory, Product marketing, and Operations.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Knowledge of digital solutions and advanced advertising products.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications with overarching skill to translate data, information, and research into powerful points of view—ability to craft and tell a compelling story.
- Previous experience supporting a team of Sales, advertising, or marketing professionals. Previous experience in an Ad Agency, Media, and/or Ad Sales team is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with and experience in digital marketing; understanding of online campaign development, metrics, and optimization strategies.
- Needs to have the ability to decipher between client needs, for example, ‘branding’ campaigns VS ‘call to action’
- Familiar with writing rationales and/or agency POVs (“point of views”)
- Clear knowledge of media terms as well as media formulas & calculations.
- An analytical mindset that identifies solutions based in data.
- Ability to back-up work and have good logic to creating schedules.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Business or a related field is preferred.
Sales Experience is a plus (1+ yrs)