Share with friends:
Account Planner - Ad SalesSpectrum Reach is looking for a dynamic Account Planner to support our media market in Bakersfield, San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara, CA locations
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable creative.
The Account Planner is a strategic partner to Account Executives. This position plays a key role in translating customer advertising objectives into data driven and effective ad schedules. This key team member is integral in helping the sales team to maximize multiscreen solutions, which has a direct impact on our ability to deliver and exceed on client’s marketing and advertising expectations. This individual will have a passion for marketing and advertising sales and will be closely aligned with other sales team members and cross functional groups. This position requires strong communication skills and strong attention to detail, in a faced paced sales environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively pulls information from Client Needs Analysis and works with Account Executives to understand client marketing objectives.
- Create effective data driven multi-screen advertising schedules for all clients.
- Utilize Kantar, Polk, Nielsen, Commscore, Set Top Box data and other research metrics to make proposal recommendations.
- Coordinate with Regional Digital Account Planner for multi-screen solutions integrated into overall client presentation.
- Create presentations that can be delivered as complete solutions achieving all client needs; partner with Marketing and Research functions to pull information to tell the appropriate story to clients.
- Maximize inventory usage to ensure proposal delivery.
- Create an open honest communication line with all Account Executives (May need to balance the competing needs of multiple Account Executives at the same time).
- Be able to sell through the rationale of each campaign recommendation for the Account Executive to deliver to the client and be grounded in research and data to achieve client objectives.
- Regularly meet and gather feedback on the client schedules that were built to understand necessary changes to improve future schedules.
- Compare purchased schedule with the original avail to ensure delivery against client needs.
- Utilize tools to ensure all necessary accounts meet Posting requirements.
- Partner with Account Executives to review and evaluate campaign effectiveness.
- Work closely with Pricing and Inventory to ensure that all inventory is used effectively and priced appropriately.
- Work cross functionally to create and incorporate local packages into schedules.
- 1+ years of experience in media sales a strong plus
- Knowledge of cable television, digital products, and advanced advertising products is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications with overarching skill to translate data, information, and research into powerful points of view—ability to craft and tell a compelling story.
- Previous experience supporting a team of Sales, advertising, or marketing professionals is helpful. Previous experience in an Ad Agency, Media, and/or Ad Sales team is highly preferred.
- Experience and strong knowledge of research databases, tools and applications, including (but not limited to) Nielsen, Scarborough, MRI, Kantar, BIA/Kelsey, eMarketer, and comScore are helpful.
- Familiarity with and experience in digital marketing; understanding of online campaign development, metrics, and optimization strategies.
- Needs to have the ability to decipher between client needs, for example, ‘branding’ campaigns VS ‘call to action’ and the difference between those schedules
- Familiar with writing rationales and/or agency POVs (“point of views”)
- Clear knowledge of media terms as well as media formulas & calculations. Experience estimating ratings are helpful.
- Ability to back-up work and have good logic to creating schedules
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.