Most Popular Capital Area Job Postings
Some Job Postings get increased traffic (views, clicks and applies) simply because there are more people likely to be qualified and interested in a particular type of job. For example, there are far more people who are ready to be salespeople than brain surgeons.
There are also some things you can do to increase interest in your posting. Generally, a Job Posting with lots of detail about the position and the company will perform well. Provide a detailed description of the position. Include the hours, the benefits and the salary an applicant can expect.
These are the best performing Job Postings currently displayed on Capital Area Help Wanted.
Marble and Granite, Inc. is the largest natural stone wholesaler in New England, offering the highest quality of marble, granite, slate, soapstone, quartz and other surfacing options. This position is full time and is located in our Albany, NY location. We are looking for a reliable “jack of all trades” who can help us in our warehouse, showroom and delivering our materials as needed. The candidate should be willing to work hard independently in all aspects of maintaining a clean, safe and presentable warehouse as well as be able to assist clients with material selection. Are you interested in joining a great company with possibilities for growth?
- Operate the forklift to move our slab inventory within the warehouse
- Able to assist with loading and unloading material from trucks
- Drive truck and make deliveries to customers as needed
- Assist customers with selections, answer phone in our showroom and enter info into system
- Receive and record inventory and maintain label and bin information
- Clean work areas and showroom
- Must be able to lift 40- 50 lbs and have the ability to drive a forklift (we will train)
- Must be able to stand and walk for entire shift
- High School Diploma
- Basic computer skills, Reading, Writing and Arithmetic necessary
- Physical labor or warehouse experience helpful
- Valid CDL Driver’s license and DOT Medical Card preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours (infrequent Saturday appointments)
- Monday thru Friday (Thursday evening)
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life Insurance and Long and Short Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: negotiable depending on experience
- Full Time
- Westwood, MA
Equinox is a nonprofit community organization in the Capital Region.
For more than 40 years, Equinox has reached out to people who need us most with innovative and effective programs that truly change lives, allowing us to fulfill our purpose of helping those we serve move forward on their paths to recovery, healing, and independence.
It is the mission of Equinox to enhance the mental, emotional and physical welfare of youth, adults, and families in our community.
Adult Residential & DV Shelter Respite Staff Needed - Make your own schedule and pick up shifts that work best for you!
Responsibilities in Adult Residential include supervising activities of residents in single and scattered site residential treatment facilities; Scheduling of medication reviews, medical appointments, transportation, shopping, cooking, cleaning and medication supervision for residents; Ensure overall safety for all residents within the program. Document resident progress as well as ensure compliance with OMH regulations.
Responsibilities at the DV Shelter include shelter support duties, providing crisis intervention and supportive listening to residents; overseeing group and recreational activities, answering the 24 hour crisis line; and maintaining a safe and secure environment.
Qualifications: High school diploma and one year experience in human services or Associate’s degree in a related field & no exp. Must have good oral and written communication skills, Valid NYS Driver’s License highly preferred.
Please send resume to HR@equinoxinc.org with the title "Respite Worker"
- Part Time
- Albany, NY
A family-owned, world-class portfolio of brands. A global network that spans across more than 80 countries. Some 100,000 dedicated team members sharing common values. And more than 1.9 million vehicles taking our customers wherever they need to go. Any way you measure it, we've become a leader in the transportation service industry. How did we get here? By taking care of our customers, our communities and our employees – and staying true to our mission.
The Part Time Lead Driver will spend time moving vehicles between rental facilities and the inventory lot as well as registrations and plates. And will also fill a leadership role in delivering vehicles and in some instances, customers, employees or vendors safely and timely to the appropriate destination(s) while giving helpful, courteous and professional customer service.
**This is a part time position at our 11 Northway La N, Latham, NY Location**
25 HOURS MAX PER WEEK
The position offers a targeted pay rate of $12.80 per hour
- Answer questions and provide guidance to less experienced Drivers
- Drive and deliver vehicles locally or out of area as needed, following all rules of the road
- Deliver customers and vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Ride with or follow another driver to drop off vehicle(s) or pick up multiple vehicles
- Notify Manager of any customer or vehicle problems including daily maintenance, including but not limited to ensuring proper oil, tire and fluid levels
- Check in vehicles and organize lot in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure proper fuel tank level and fill with gasoline, if needed
- Complete paperwork associated with pick-up and delivery of vehicles
- Organize travel route and ensure vehicle paperwork is accurate and timely
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
- Limited to light physical effort is required including the handling of average-weight objects (up to 10 pounds).
- Generally requires a great deal of standing for long periods of time, walking and bending.
- Requires the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a valid drivers license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be willing to accept $12.80 per hour
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be living within an hour commute of Latham, NY
- Must be able to work the 25 hour per week schedule, Monday through Friday, 7am-12pm
- Part Time
- Latham, NY
Our Adult Residential Programs serve adults struggling with chemical dependency and/or are living with a mental illness at one of our four different locations in Albany County. The goal of all our programs is to help the residents manage their diagnosis and build the skills necessary to live successfully in the community.
- Holt House - 11 adults with both mental illness and developmental disabilities that need 24/7 support.
- Apartment Program - 36 adults who live in one or two bedroom apartments and are ready for less structure and more independence
- Cohoe Residence - 14 adults who have a mental health diagnosis and need 24/7 support to help control their symptoms.
- Recovery Residence - 12 men who have both a mental illness and an addiction that need 24/7 support.
Case Manager (Hiring Cohoes Residence, Holt House & Recovery Residence)
Mon. - Fri. Full-Time (40 hours) Daytime hours
- PLUS An Additional $1 per hour for Shift Differential Qualified Hours for Weekdays from 5pm-7:30am, as well as all Weekend Shifts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise activities of residents in residential treatment facility
- Provide all related treatment/case management services, including medication supervision and service plan development
- Ensure overall safety for all residents
- Document delivery of treatment services
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field preferred with no experience OR Associate’s Degree in a human services related field and two years’ experience in human services field, OR High school diploma and five years’ experience in human services;
- Must have good oral and written communication skills;
- Must have a clean, valid NYS Driver License.
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 403 (b) with Agency match
- 8 paid holidays
- generous time off package
Please list your program and position of interest when sending your resumes to HR@equinoxinc.org.
- Full Time
- 13.00 Hour
- Albany, NY
The Alternative Living Group, Inc. (ALG) is a non-profit, human service agency licensed by the State of New York to provide a wide range of residential, recreational and support services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. It's our mission to partner with individuals to create quality lives and opportunities for independence. ALG is seeking a full time Senior Bookkeeper II to join our Finance team. The day to day responsibilities of this position include but aren't limited to:
- Payroll processing, which includes verifying timesheets, processing payroll changes, calculating employee reimbursements, entering payroll data, distributing employee checks and running reports
- Processing accounts payable, which includes reviewing invoices for accuracy, coding to proper General Ledger accounts, data entry of invoices, vendor maintenance, and distribution of accounts payable checks
- Overseeing the workflow and staff of a portion of the agency's programs
- Reviewing program documentation and processing Medicaid billing
- Providing personal allowance oversight, maintaining savings accounts of individuals served in the programs and monthly audits of 50+ individuals
- Maintaining files for individuals served regarding all pertinent financial information received
- Training managers as needed regarding financial matters, such as personal allowance policies, petty cash ledgers and ADP/MITC responsibilities
- HS Diploma required; AS/ BS preferred
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, payroll, bookkeeping and/or an adequate combination of training and experience
- Prior experience with ADP/WFN and MITC preferred
- Exceptional computer skills required; Microsoft Office and Fund-EZ preferred
- Valid NYS Driver's License and reliable vehicle required
- Ability to complete trainings and background checks as required
Excellent benefits offered for full time employees including employer paid health, life and dental insurance for employee, pension plan with employer contribution, health reimbursement account, generous paid time off package, and twelve paid holidays and your birthday.
Hourly rate- $20.50/hour
Visit us at www.alginc.org for more information about our company!
- Full Time
- January 2020
- 20.50 Hour
- Albany, NY