Special Education Teacher - Neil Hellman Preschool - Schenectady
Our Neil Hellman Preschool is seeking a Special Education Teacher to plan and conduct the daily program for a group of children in the special education program which takes into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child. The teacher will:
- Plan and carry out Individualized Education Plans (IEP) or Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) for each child in the Special Education Program.
- Monitoring growth and development of children and also include positive interactions with other children.
- Encourage the development and maintain a positive working relationship with the parents.
- Maintain and prepare appropriate records, reports, assessments, referrals, and other assisgned materials..
- Coordinate activities of teacher assistants, students, volunteers, and interns.
This position requires a BA Degree in Special Education, Masters preferred. NYScertification in special education or subject area required.
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.