Supervisor, Residential Repair
The Residential Repair Supervisor directs the continuous, efficient and safe day-to-day operations of the Residential Repair Shop. The position supervises Shop skilled trades staff, manages workload, manages contractors, monitors performance and serves as the Shop client service liaison. The Supervisor works closely with other Division of Administration, Student Life and Auxiliary staff to plan and complete maintenance projects for Institute owned residential properties and respond to emergencies. The Supervisor manages maintenance service contracts, sources parts and equipment and manages vendor contracts. The position participates in Supervisor On-Call rotation and supervises call-in procedures and repair work performed outside normal work hours.
- High School or equivalent
- Eight years of building repair and maintenance experience.
Experience must also include:
- Three years of supervisory experience; may include experience as a lead worker, project coordinator, or other similar role.
- Experience with interactive computer based, networked building management systems
- Valid US driver’s license
- Use of personal vehicle to transport self, tools and small parts
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical skills in the areas of general carpentry, low-voltage electrical service, HVAC systems & general plumbing work
- Strong leadership and supervisory abilities
- Advanced planning, organizing and effective time management skills
- Ability to prepare and interpret financial and other data
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Excellent client relations skills
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written forms
- Knowledge of Continuity of operations plans, Comprehensive Emergency Management Plans and ability to produce results under pressure situations
To apply please visit: http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/8592
We welcome candidates who will bring diverse intellectual, geographical, gender and ethnic perspectives to Rensselaer’s work and campus communities.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Race/Gender/Veterans/Disability Employer