Social Worker/Mental Health Counselor - Evening Position
The Mobile Crisis program is designed to support individuals in crisis. The outcomes include emergency room/inpatient hospital diversion when clinically appropriate and linkage to community-based services for ongoing treatment.
We are searching for a mental health Clinician to join our team that services. This position will be based out of offices at 58 Academy Road, Albany, NY.
Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor, the Clinician will provide crisis assessment, intervention, and stabilization services to those experiencing emotional, behavioral and psychiatric crises. These interventions, provided by telephone triage and onsite mobile visits, will be implemented using a strength-based, trauma informed, systemic perspective and will include coordination of services with existing treatment providers and linkage to additional community-based therapeutic resources and supports.
- Provide immediate response to individuals who are experiencing an emotional or behavioral crisis, by phone and on-site within the 5 county service area
- Interview caller to determine case formulation, including homicide/suicide risk.
- Conduct risk assessments and mental status examination
- Analyze information to identify action plan
- Consult with team and supervisor
- Document information in accordance with applicable standards.
- Coordinate with community services for collateral input and follow-up care.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Plan for safety and continuing care.
- Monitor implementation of action plan.
- Engage in advocacy as appropriate.
- Requires a Master’s degree and two years of related experience;
- LMSW or LMHC license required;
- Must possess a valid NYS Driver’s License and be willing/able to drive to client’s homes and communities under a variety of circumstances and weather conditions;
- Must be willing to work in a variety of settings, including clients’ homes and other community locations where there may be pets, cigarette smoke, etc.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond. Northern Rivers and member organizations Northeast Parent & Child Society and Parsons Child & Family Center are powered by a 1,400-strong workforce. We’re developing innovative new treatments to help clients achieve success, believe in themselves, and follow their dreams. We provide more than 70 programs and services to more than 14,000 people each year in 36 counties throughout New York state. Join us and change lives, including yours.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.