Make a difference in a work environment where you matter!
Social Worker – ACT Team - Behavioral Health
Mohawk Opportunities is committed to helping individuals living with Mental Illness, HIV/AIDS and those who are homeless achieve stable community living and independence by providing:
- Housing that is safe and affordable.
- Services that facilitate growth and recovery.
- Relationships built on a foundation of caring and respect, and
- A sense of hope for the future.
Mohawk's Assertive Community Treatment - ACT Team:
- This unique team is an evidence based treatment program that utilizes a mobile, multidisciplinary team of staff to deliver flexible, comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation services to individuals residing in the community with a severe mental illness.
- The programs goal is to help individuals achieve stability within their community.
- Services are intensive and non-traditional in nature and provided by a team in the community including in the client’s home.
- Outreach is a key component of the service model
Responsibilities of the Social Worker - Behavioral Health:
- Be a team member of a multidisciplinary, behavioral health team providing intensive case management and treatment to seriously and persistently mentally ill clients in a community setting.
- Facilitate client recovery, personal growth; manage symptoms, gain independence and master use of community resources to the best of each client’s ability.
- Conduct person centered comprehensive assessments, including but not limited to, psychiatric history, family/social influences, physical health, substance use, educational/vocational goals, legal status, trauma history, housing stability, entitlements, client preferences, and life goals.
- Provide needed assistance through all phases of educational and vocational development including vocational assessment, job exploration, and skills development in choosing, getting, and maintaining employment, employment counseling, or vocational rehabilitation.
- Develop and implement strengths-based individual treatment plans that are responsive to client need and facilitate achievement of client goals.
- Function as the program lead for vocational and educational services. Work with clients of the ACT program offering assistance in all phases of educational and vocational development programming including vocational assessment, job exploration, and skills development as they seek to enroll in an educational/vocational program and/or obtain and maintain employment.
- Use strength based methodologies, continually instill hope, develop and maintain trusting and supportive relationships with clients, families, other providers and the community.
- This is a community based positon which includes meeting with clients in their homes, community or in the office in addition to providing transportation to appointments
- Provide on-call crisis intervention services on a rotation with other team members. Readily respond to all crisis situations and urgent needs using sound clinical judgment in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the individual.
Skills/Qualifications for the Social Work for the ACT Team - Behavioral Health:
- Must have one of the following: a Master’s Degree in Social Work with licensure, or hold a license as a Mental Health Counselor in New York State, or a Master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Certification from The Commission on Rehabilitation Counseling.
- Three years of experience working in an inpatient or outpatient psychiatric setting preferred.
- Must have strong commitment to the rights and ability of each person with a mental illness to make their own decisions and choices, live in the community, work, and have access to continuous support and services to enhance wellness and recovery.
- Must be able to effectively work with all people and demonstrate skills and competence to establish supportive and trusting relationships with all individuals.
- A valid and insurable NYS driver's license.
Salary, Schedule and Benefits for the Social Worker for the ACT Team:
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm with rotating on-call when the office is closed. There is a $150 weekly stipend for the rotating on-call for the week.
- Supportive work environment.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 30 minute paid lunch/meal break
- Staff Training and Development
- Agency vehicles available for business use
- Promotional opportunities
- Make A Difference Helping Those In Need
- Culture of Caring
Visit our website at www.mohawkopportunities.org.