Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - New Behavioral Health Center
We are hiring for a Nurse Practitioner for our NEW Behavioral Health Center
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform staff pre-employment, annual and workers compensation related physical examinations, assessments of employee's physical capacity to perform their job functions. Performs TB testing.
- Refers staff to other health care professionals to obtain additional information if needed for the assessment and to report such findings as appropriate.
- Make recommendations to individual staff members to seek further evaluations and/or treatment for conditions revealed by the physical examinations
- Oversee the administration of Hepatitis Vaccines and PPD's and participate in occupation health education
- Follow and comply with all assessment and treatment protocols as listed in by the Nurse Practitioner are contained in "Patient Care Guidelines for Nurse Practitioners," Third Edition, by Axalla J. Hoole, Robert A. Greenberg and C. Glenn Pickard, Jr., and said protocols shall govern and restrict the area of practice of the Nurse Practitioner Maintain compliance with HIPAA. Maintains confidentiality
- Additionally, the Nurse Practitioner shall comply with and follow all the conditions set forth in the Professional Services Manual and the Medical Services Manual of Policies and Procedures, as well as with any other applicable rules and regulations of Northern Rivers
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Nurse Practitioner in compliance with all applicable statutes, laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to Article 139 of the New York State Education Law and State Education Law Regulations contained in 8 NYCRR Part 64.
Extensive knowledge in the advanced and technically or professionally specialized discipline in which the position will have responsibility, or requires advanced studies in graduate or post-graduate programs with advanced theoretical knowledge.
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.