redShift Recruiting LLC is the Capital Region’s premier technology recruiting firm. Our Founders recognized the demand for qualified Technology Professionals in the area and started redShift to fill that need. We pride ourselves on our highly qualified and carefully selected bank of candidates seeking permanent, temporary, and temp-to-hire positions.
We stand out in our understanding of technology. Our CEO is a former CIO and Director of Technology, and our recruiters have over 50 years of combined experience in the technology and recruiting fields. Add to that our industry knowledge, unmatched networks within the Capital Region, and superior customer service, and you have a firm that’s unmatched in finding the best candidates for technology roles.
Our Client west of Albany has an opening for a Network Administrator to join their team. Upon permanent hire, our Client offers an excellent benefits package.
Responsibilities of the Network Administrator include:
- Administrate, maintain, and upgrade infrastructure
- Design, deploy, and support networks to support customer requirements
- Respond to network and system failures; drive resolution of incidents related to the network
- Conduct root cause analysis of network, system, and service related incidents
- Work with vendors
- Develop and implement network security policies
- Manage enterprise monitoring tools
- Maintain necessary documentation
Qualified candidates will have experience with some of the following:
- OS Platforms – Windows Desktop and Server, Unix (FreeBSD, Centos, SunOS), VMware
- Switching – Configuration/Management of Cisco and Brocade switches
- Servers – DHCP, DNS, Samba, Mail, SNMP, LDAP, VMware, Windows Server, Exchange
- Routing/Firewalls – Cisco, Brocade, Fortinet
- Wireless – Cisco, Ruckus
- IP CATV Head End
- IP Address Management
- Knowledge of industry protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, HSRP/VRRP, IPSec, VLANs and Spanning Tree
- RADIUS, SSH, Sys-logging, VoIP, SIP, QOS/COS traffic shaping/bandwidth throttling
- Understanding of network protocols and associated applications and troubleshooting skills
To see a full listing of all our open positions, please visit:
We can always use top-notch Developers, Network Engineers, Business Analysts, and more.
You can also call one of our recruiting specialists at: