Seeking Machinist with CNC Machining experience
Machinist / CNC Programmer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, in Troy, NY was founded in 1824, and is America’s first technological research institute. For nearly 200 years, Rensselaer has been defining the scientific and technological advances of our world. Rensselaer serves over 7,600 undergraduate and graduate students from 49 states and 63 countries. Guided by the Rensselaer Plan 2024, Rensselaer seeks to transform the delivery of pedagogical innovations, and to be a transformative agent in the 21st century and beyond.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is Seeking: Machinist / CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Programmer
The Machinist/CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Programmer is responsible for developing and executing software programs for fabricating intricate parts and components to customer specifications. In addition, the position plans and performs a broad range of machining and bench operations to fabricate a variety of short run special or experimental parts, jigs and fixtures per customer requirements.
- Two-year relevant technical degree or completion of an apprenticeship program in CNC machining or equivalent combination of experience, training and /or education.
- Five years’ experience in machine tool operations and CNC programming with CAD/CAM.
- Experience in a research and development facility.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to write CNC machine code and utilize CAM/CAD software such as Edge-Cam,
- Pro-Engineer and Solidworks
- Proficiency in interpreting engineering drawings, sketches, diagrams, and schematics
- Knowledge of standard machine shop equipment including lathes, milling machines and grinders
- Ability to produce results under pressure situations
- Requires a demonstrated commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
Total Compensation Program:
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute cares about your health and well-being, and we are dedicated to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you and your family. Rensselaer’s Total Compensation Program continues to be instrumental in ensuring stable employment and stable pay growth for our faculty and staff, and our benefits program accounts for a significant portion of the Total Compensation Program.
Diversity or Affirmative Action Statement:
We welcome applications from candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, and national and international perspectives to Rensselaer’s work and campus communities. Rensselaer is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.