Part-Time (20 hours) - Flexible Schedule
Internal Compliance Auditor
Equinox is a nonprofit community organization in the Capital Region.
For more than 40 years, Equinox has reached out to people who need us most with innovative and effective programs that truly change lives, allowing us to fulfill our purpose of helping those we serve move forward on their paths to recovery, healing, and independence.
Internal Compliance Auditor - Part-time (20 hours)
Mon. - Fri. (schedule may be flexible)
POSITION SUMMARY: works closely with Compliance Director & Manager to help steer the Compliance and Quality Improvement (“CQI”) function, while also working directly with other Program Managers. Position audits certain regulatory-required activities concerning the licensed treatment programs, residential and non-residential programs; ensures basic billing requirements including those under Medicaid and Medicare are met. Must assist with and/or perform regular chart checks, analyze data and provide feedback, possibly provide training.
Activities will generally focus on service documentation. Provides reporting to Compliance Manager.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documentation Billing and Quality Audits
- Coordinate Audit and Review Process and improve where able.
- Conduct audits of all certified OMH and OASAS programs to reduce risk.
- Identify non-compliance and flag paybacks for finance and programs, and identify quality issues for programs.
- Provide assistance to programs, as needed, to help formulate corrective action of identified issues.
- Assist with Committee Minutes and serve as primary contact for programs and finance on billing and document quality issues.
- Work with Compliance Manager on continuing evolution and amendment of the CQI Plan.
- Assist with training on Documentation QI matters
- Attend required meetings with various stakeholders (Board and internally)
- Perform or assist programs with chart checks for all required programs.
- Oversee the records archives and assist the programs and CO with record disclosures.
- Assist with Evolv Records Management System
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred. Experience to include working for a social services or healthcare organization performing monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of regulated programs; as well as preparing and presenting reports and other formal documentation. Auditing experience is required.
- General knowledge of NYS OASAS, OMH, OCFS, DOH, NYS Justice Center, and Medicaid/Medicare regulations is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with HIPAA and other client record related legal requirements is also preferred.
BENEFITS: include generous contribution to health insurance, voluntary dental & vision insurance, agency paid life insurance, 403(b) with company match, 8 paid holidays and generous time off.
Please email a resume with the subject "Internal Compliance Autitor" to HR@equinoxinc.org.