redShift Recruiting LLC is the region’s premier technology recruiting agency with over 50 years of combined experience in the technology and recruiting fields. We specialize in permanent, temporary, and temp-to-hire positions. Our superior customer service combined with our highly qualified and carefully selected bank of candidates sets us apart.
Our company was created to fill the growing demand for technology experts in the industry. Our clients trust in us to source highly skilled and qualified candidates to meet their needs.
Our well-established client is seeking a Highway Superintendent. In this role, you will supervise and oversee bridge construction and/or heavy highway construction projects, including managing project budgets and schedules.
Responsibilities of the Highway Superintendent Include:
- Coordinate foreman and crews to ensure adequate staffing of jobs
- Lead field operations to ensure safety, quality & productivity.
- Monitor and improve crew productions and understand goals.
- Meet with foremen and crews to plan daily schedules and effectively communicate goals of project with foremen.
- Communicate professionally with a diverse group of individuals.
- Work with union representatives to hire labor force and understand labor and union agreements.
- Oversee compliance with all safety policies and OSHA regulations.
- Manage day to day operations of job site including material procurement, equipment use and laborer over site.
- Monitor and ensure site safety controls and develop SSHASP in collaboration with safety department.
- Attend meetings and provide technical assistance
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Requirements of the Highway Superintendent:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or in Construction Management preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a construction field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ supervisory experience
- Ability to adapt to and learn a variety of computer applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others and as a team.
- Must have proficient knowledge with NYSDOT standard specification as it relates to construction.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and analyze job costs.
- Able to complete required duties in a fast-paced environment and within stated deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel.
To see a full listing of all of our open positions, please visit:
We can always use top-notch Developers, Network Engineers, Business Analysts, and more.
You can also call one of our recruiting specialists at: