Experienced Residential Counselor - Online/Oncall
If you want a great career where you can make a positive impact on children’s lives and strengthen our community, come work for Northern Rivers Family of Services!
This is an opportunity to be a part of a great team that is strength-based with family- and youth-centered values working together to make a difference in young people’s lives. On top of rewarding work we also offer our employees great benefits like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement (after only 6 months of employment) and a very generous time off package!
This role is responsible for supervising and maintaining staffing at our residential facility just outside of Niskayuna. Online/Oncall staff also help to facilitate effective operation of the facility. This is a great opportunity for someone with extensive experience in the field!
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Posses a working knowledge and see to the proper administration of all applicable emergency systems, agency policies and program procedures.
- Serve as the primary person in charge of calling the police to AWOL, filling out the Missing Person Report forms (or checking the form if filled out by other staff to assure completeness and accuracy), cancel all Missing Person Reports upon a resident’s return, and assure that contacts have been made with the resident’s family and the Office of Children and Family Services. Manage the completion of applicable forms and see to the proper documentation of AWOL’s.
- Be readily available to listen to, process and record all neighbor concerns. This requires patiently listening to the concern(s); recording neighbor’s name, address, and phone number; assuring the neighbor an administrator will contact them to follow up on their concerns, Management the completion of all applicable form and see to the proper documentation of neighbor complaints.
- Maintain regular entries in the Online/Oncall log regarding all significant events that occur, and provide the team leaders, the Vice Presidents or the Program Director/Program Coordinators with specific additional information as needed by phone call or memo.
- Respond to all crises within the Residence. Ensure physical intervention with residents has been conducted in accordance’s with the agency behavior management plan by the supervision and response to all restraint on campus. Manage the proper completion of all forms and the appropriate documentation of every restraint.
- Ensure the security of the Residence, responding to any security issues throughout the evening and overnight. Conduct random checks of the Group Home and Shelter locations to ensure the proper administration of agency procedure.
- Check and assure that all visitors have prior approval to be on the grounds; if so, direct them to the form or appropriate visiting area. If a visitor does not have permission to be on-grounds, explain the proper visiting procedure to them and invite them to leave.
- Serve as the central person in charge of off campus trips. Approve and log all off campus trips and assure such trips have proper staff coverage. Distribute and collect vehicle keys and gas cards. Make regular checks to assure vehicle cleanliness. Assess weather conditions to determine the appropriateness of off campus trips.
- High School/GED and a minimum of 3 years of Sr Residential Counselor experience or equivalent; Associate's Degree Preferred.
- Valid and clean (less than 6 points) NYS driver's license required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older as per regulatory requirements.
- Experience as a TCI trainer desirable.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.