- Full Time
- $12.50 Hour
- 500 New Karner Road, Suite 3, Schenectady, NY 12308
Paid Training! No experience necessary!
Direct Support Professional
The Alternative Living Group, Inc. (ALG) is a non-profit, human service agency licensed by the State of New York to provide a wide range of residential, recreational and support services to individuals with developmental disabilities. It’s our mission to partner with individuals to create quality lives and opportunities for independence.
ALG is seeking full time and part time Direct Support Professionals to provide care and assistance with daily life skills to the individuals living in the agency’s residential homes.
On a day to day basis, Direct Support Professionals can find themselves helping the individuals served by working on life skills, teaching independence, and encouraging self-growth. The Direct Support Professional will ensure the quality of life and services to the individuals served in the program by:
- Supporting the Person Centered Planning process for each individual
- Ensuring the safety needs of the individuals are met
- Providing the individuals support with making informed choices
- Assisting the individuals with becoming a member of the community
In short, our Direct Support Professionals help the individuals work toward their life goals and follow their dreams. Join our team today and help change the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities!
- High School Diploma / GED
- Valid NYS Driver's License
- Ability to complete trainings and background checks as required
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks that include, but are not limited to lifting and bending
Excellent benefits offered for full time employees including free health, life and dental insurance, pension plan with employer contribution, health reimbursement account and generous paid time off package.
Visit us at www.alginc.org for more information about our company!