Department Chair for the Practical Nursing Program
Mildred Elley, a private multi campus institution, is seeking a Department Chair for the Practical Nursing Program at its Albany, NY Campus. The faculty and staff of Mildred Elley have a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, focusing on academic improvements, student service improvements, and accreditation and compliance improvements
The successful candidate serves as Program Director for Practical Nursing program. Individual will oversee full time and part time faculty and staff to effectively prepare students for passage of the NCLEX, foster further development of clinical affiliation agreements within the area's healthcare facilities, ensure adequate instructor coverage for all didactic and clinical portions of the curriculum, facilitate professional placement, and manage student retention.
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) or a Master of Science (M.S.) in Nursing Education;
- A minimum of two years of teaching and/or administrative experience in Practical or Registered Nursing programs at secondary or post-secondary level.
- A valid licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of New York.
- Effectively balance administrative responsibilities, student needs and faculty management and development on an ongoing basis.
- Strong digital productivity skills and familiarity with instructional technology.
Please include your salary expectations.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming part of a growing campus committed to achieving student success through continuous improvement please email a cover letter, a current resume, and copies of transcripts (if available) to email@example.com and note “Department Chair, PN Program” in the subject line, followed by the candidate's first and last name. Only applications submitted via email will be accepted (no phone calls or walk-ins please).