- Full Time
- $13.05 Hour
- 500 New Karner Road, Suite 3, Schenectady, NY 12305
Excellent Full Time Opportunity!
Assistant Residential Manager
The Alternative Living Group, Inc. (ALG) is a non-profit, human service agency licensed by the State of New York to provide a wide range of residential, recreational and support services to individuals with developmental disabilities. It’s our mission to partner with individuals to create quality lives and opportunities for independence.
ALG is seeking a full time Assistant Residential Manager to join our Residential team. The Residential team provides housing services to adults with developmental disabilities. The Assistant Residential Manager would assist with the oversight of one of the agency's residential homes in the Schenectady county area.
In addition, the Assistant Residential Manager will ensure the quality of life and services to the individuals served in the program by:
- Supporting the Person Centered Planning process for each individual
- Ensuring the safety needs of the individuals are met
- Providing the individuals support with daily life skills
- Assisting the individuals with becoming a member of the community
- Helping the individuals make informed choices
- Training new Direct Support staff
- Helping the Residential Manager ensure the house is in proper working order through verification of completion of staff goals, tracking of house budgets, medication ordering, and completion of necessary paperwork
On a day to day basis, Assistant Residential Managers can find themselves helping the individuals served by working on life skills, teaching independence, and encouraging self-growth. In short, our Assistant Residential Managers help the individuals work toward their life goals and follow their dreams. Join our team today and help change the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities!
- GED/Diploma required; AS/ BS preferred
- Experience with developmental disability population
- Valid NYS Driver's License is required
- Ability to complete trainings and background checks as required
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks that include, but are not limited to lifting and bending is required
Excellent benefits offered for full time employees including free health, free life and free dental insurance, pension plan with employer contribution, health reimbursement account, generous paid time off package, and twelve holidays paid at time and a half.
Hourly rate is dependent upon education and experience.
The Alternative Living Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status. In addition, the Alternative Living Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
Visit us at www.alginc.org for more information about our company!