Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, in Troy, NY was founded in 1824, and is America’s first technological research institute. For nearly 200 years, Rensselaer has been defining the scientific and technological advances of our world. Rensselaer serves over 7,600 undergraduate and graduate students from 49 states and 63 countries. Guided by the Rensselaer Plan 2024, Rensselaer seeks to transform the delivery of pedagogical innovations, and to be a transformative agent in the 21st century and beyond.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is Seeking: Administrative Coordinator
The Administrative Coordinator manages and oversees the day-to-day operations and administrative support activities of the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD). The Administrative Coordinator will serve as the primary point of contact for both internal and external constituencies, assists and represents the Director in communicating with constituents, and handles multiple issues and concerns as they arise. The Administrative Coordinator will coordinate and oversee work study assignments and will provide logistical support for all CCPD events. http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/8742
- Education: HS Diploma or GED
- Experience: 5 years of related experience
- Or relevant combination of education, training and experience.
- Education: Associate’s degree
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, customer service oriented environment
- Ability to supervise work study students
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (word, excel, access, Outlook)
- Requires ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Requires ability to work with minimum supervision
- Requires excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports
- Requires good problem solving skills involving multiple variables in standard situations
- Must possess the skills necessary to deliver exemplary customer service
- Requires ability to prioritize work
- Ability to perform basic financial functions
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
Total Compensation Program:
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute cares about your health and well-being, and we are dedicated to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you and your family. Rensselaer’s Total Compensation Program continues to be instrumental in ensuring stable employment and stable pay growth for our faculty and staff, and our benefits program accounts for a significant portion of the Total Compensation Program.
Diversity or Affirmative Action Statement:
We welcome applications from candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, and national and international perspectives to Rensselaer’s work and campus communities. Rensselaer is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.