Your search resulted in 1 "Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner" jobs in Albany, NY. Save Job SearchSave SearchSave Job Search: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Behavioral Health Program program is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner out of our Schenectady, NY Location. This position is responsible for providing comprehensive Psychiatric services to individuals who are enrolled in the Behavioral Health programs.
- Provides comprehensive mental health care services with responsibility for examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients within scope of licensing and qualifications; develops health care plans according to established standards of care in an outpatient clinic.
- Provides treatment and advice to patients as may be indicated:prescribes medications;secures case history and related pertinent information; examines patients;utilizes laboratory and other diagnostic tests, interpreting findings for diagnosis; diagnoses ailment(s) and provides necessary treatment and follow up treatment as may be indicated and within scope of qualifications of license; consults with other health professionals and community providers as needed.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients seen in a manner consistent with confidentiality of health care records guidelines and department regulations protocol.
- Conducts face to face assessments with client and collaterals as needed
- Provides instruction, guidance or in service training to mental health, medical,and therapist staff as appropriate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires Board Certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Must have a minimum of two years working with adults who have Seriously and persistently mentally ill.
- Must be fully licensed physician in the State of New York.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, flexible work schedule, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
- Full Time
- Schenectady, NY