Your search resulted in 1 "Charge Entry Specialist" jobs in Albany, NY. Save Job SearchSave SearchSave Job Search: Charge Entry Specialist
This is an opportunity to use your accounting and financial skills to enhance Union College’s accounts payable and purchasing functions. If you are an energetic, innovative and collaborative team member searching for a fulfilling opportunity, come join an amazing finance team and institution of higher learning.
As the Accounts Payable Accounting Specialist you will be responsible for assisting the Assistant Director of Financial Services with all the functions related to accounts payable and purchasing. This position will also have primary responsibility for processing accounts payable, purchase orders, journal entries/department charges and providing support for fixed asset accounting.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree preferred with 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Applicants with an Associate’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience or HS Diploma/GED with a minimum of 10 plus years of relevant experience with comparable knowledge and skills will also be considered
- Demonstrated experience and strong knowledge in general finance principles and best practices, payables, fixed asset accounting, pre-paids, accruals, and reconciliation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) is required and experience working in a Google Suite environment is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability at the highest levels regarding attention to detail, accuracy, customer service and collaboration
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively communicate and to train people either one-to-one or in small groups about how to access and use the college’s systems related to purchasing.
- Knowledge of accounting standards for colleges or nonprofits preferred
- Must be safety conscious, able to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to work Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We offer exceptional benefits including, but not limited to the following:
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Personal Time
- Winter Recess Break in Addition to Paid Holidays
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts)
- Free On-Campus Fitness Facility Access and Discounts for On-Campus Wellness Programs
- Employee Scholarships toward Certifications, Seminars, Training and Professional Development
- 11% Employer Contribution to the 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Continuation Program in the event of Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
Note: All new hires of Union College are subject to a thorough education, work experience, and criminal history background check.
Officially chartered in 1795, Union College is the fifth oldest liberal arts college in the country. Located in the Capital District of New York State, Union is a highly selective residential and undergraduate college, home to 2,200 students and 220 faculty, and offering 44 majors. Union was the first liberal arts college to rethink the traditional liberal arts education and adopt an engineering curriculum. That pioneering approach continues today with an education that encourages students to work beyond the limits of disciplinary boundaries, allowing them to think globally and lead innovatively in a world where problem solving requires breadth across humanities, arts, social sciences, science, and engineering.
Diversity at Union College
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity. Increasing diversity on campus is a critical priority for Union, one that is integral to our mission of preparing students for a globally interconnected world. Union provides a blend of intellectual, social and cultural opportunities to facilitate the integrated academic, social and personal development of a diverse community. We value and are committed to a host of diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, those based on race, religion, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin and veteran status. Union College is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.
Union College will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. Union College will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Full Time
- Schenectady, NY