Join our highly skilled team!
About The Role
VCA Canada Calgary North Animal Hospital is looking for a full-time Veterinarian to join our team! This is an overnight rotation shift where candidates must be available to work 7 on, 7 off.
Calgary North Veterinary Hospital is a 24 hour Companion Animal Primary Care, Walk In and Emergency facility. We offer a full range of services from primary care consultation, full surgical services, internal medicine, endoscopy and emergency services. Team work and high quality care are at the heart of what we do! Calgary North is proud to have been awarded the 2010-2016 Calgary Consumer Choice Award.
As our ideal Candidate, you have:
- A valid Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, enabling practice in Canada
- GP Experience
- Strong leadership skills combined with a positive team player attitude to enable our teams to flourish
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with your clients
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure
Why VCA Canada?
As a veterinarian with VCA Canada you have the freedom to practice medicine in a supportive environment. VCA Canada is the largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets in Canada. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people – people we think of as family. Our different strengths and interests enrich and improve us with diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we are national leaders in career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
As member of VCA Canada, we offer:
- Career growth opportunities to hold key leadership positions from Medical Director to Regional Director or Support Office.
- CE opportunities with access to annual VCA conferences, seminars and CE allowance
- Networking, collaboration and knowledge exchange with other veterinarians within our practices
- Interactive learning through our soon to come in-house online university (Woof U!)
- Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities
- A commitment to give back through initiatives such as Paw it Forward and Pet Pantry
- Active research studies for publication and industry growth
Additionally, we offer competitive wages, pet and veterinary discounts and group benefits for full-time staff.
Please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter or LinkedIn profile to: Tanya.Mcgee@vca.com
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance please let us know.