Early Childhood Dev Nature Outdoor Camp Instructor, Summer Camps
What the role is all about:
As an Early Childhood Development Nature Outdoor Camp Instructor, you will provide a positive, memorable and safe experience for all participants while leading them on their child-led adventure. As a child-led instructor you are responsible for creating actives, games, and questions that explore their interests in an outdoor space. You will be responsible for facilitating the group through various activities, guiding them to self-discovery in the outdoors.
- Have a thorough understanding of the outdoors
- Lead unstructured programming with an emphasis on the natural world
- Supervision and instruction of children and youth (ranging in age from 3-8 years)
- Supervise and ensure the safety of participants during all aspects of camp including before and after care and lunch
- Instill confidence, appropriate risk taking, and a sense of exploration for 3-8-year old’s
- Understanding how to cook and teach cooking with camp fires, and camp stoves
- Supervise and ensure participants safe use of fires, stoves, and tools such as peelers, shovels, spades.
- Communicate effectively with other staff, parents and participants
- Provide daily leadership and direction to volunteers
- Represent yourself and WinSport in the best way possible while upholding the company’s vision, mission and values
- Current First Aid and CPR C required before employment can commence
- High Five Certification is mandatory and opportunities to participate in courses hosted by WinSport will be available.
- Post-secondary education in Applied Eco Tourism and Outdoor Leadership, Education, Kinesiology, Sport Administration, or related programs is considered an asset.
- Experience in Education specifically with ages 3-8
- Experience in the outdoors and facilitating self-discovery
- Ability to work outside for long periods of time
- The job is frequently expected to lift, carry, push or pull objects
- Variety of weather conditions
- Working at the child’s level, extended periods of kneeling or bending
- Maintain a high level of energy throughout the day
What We Can Offer You:
If an unforgettable experience and working alongside an amazing team weren't enough for you, WinSport offers its team members some really great perks; free hill passes, reciprocals at other resorts, food, beverage and retail discounts, and a gym membership, just to name a few things that will make you love it here.