- Full Time
- Suite 1700, 335-8th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1C9
Great Downtown Opportunity!
Building Services Attendant (BH)
At Brookfield Properties (Canada) Inc. we are in the business of owning, managing and developing premier office properties globally. The quality and location of our landmark office properties continue to attract the best and most successful organizations across these regions. In Canada, we own and manage properties in three major cities - Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary. We are a leader in the commercial real estate market because of our greatest asset, our people. We look for talented individuals to join our growing organization and share our passion towards service excellence for our tenants and clients. If you possess outstanding interpersonal skills, are customer driven, and are innovative, then we encourage you to take your career to the next level and apply for this exciting opportunity with us.
This entry level position involves daily interaction with contractors and tenants, which requires an individual who consistently demonstrates empathy and courtesy to the customers’ needs. This position, at times, will require some physical activity such as lifting boxes, moving common area furniture and minor construction. Flexible hours are required in this role with occasional weekends or evenings.
- Responding to 310-SERV requests, completion of minor repairs and tenant requests
- Handyman type duties such as hanging pictures, door repairs, moving common area furniture, fire stopping and dry walling
- Reporting daily to the Assistant Manager, Tenant Services on projects and tasks
- Responsible for the set-up and take down of events within the interior and exterior of Bankers Hall Complex
- Performing building inspections and meter readings
- Maintaining ceiling tile and building supplies inventory
- Liaising with contractors to arrange minor building repairs for complex
- Assisting with fire alarms/drills
- Other duties as assigned
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
This energetic position, located in the Bankers Hall Complex, requires an individual with superior customer service and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Previous experience in customer service is required.
- Some construction, carpentry, and repair experience are required.
- Experience with basic tools such as hammer, level and power tools.
- Works independently and is self-motivated.
- Efficient communicator and able to multi-task.
- Able to work in high pressure situations.
- Ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
EDUCATION / DESIGNATIONS / LICENSES:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Customer service courses are desired
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield Properties (Canada) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals.