Share with friends:
Operations TechnicianSpectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that's important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is focused on the morning news, which means early mornings, but it also means primarily being off about noon
Being one our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
Responsible for learning and becoming proficient in a variety of technical roles, primarily, but not limited to studio technician and field technician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Studio Technician:
- Operate microphones, audio boards, sound systems, video monitors, recording systems, lighting systems and switchers.
- Maintenance and preventative maintenance of studios.
- Works with the regional control room to set up and test remote studio productions. Reports deficiencies to Engineering.
- Facilitate live productions.
- Facilitate in studio guests.
- Edit broadcast material electronically using computers.
- Set-up, operate and maintain broadcast station computers and networks.
- Report equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made and making emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
- Install broadcast equipment, troubleshoot equipment problems and perform maintenance on or minor repairs using hand tools.
- Edit broadcast material electronically using computers
- Set up and operate field transmission equipment outside the studio
- Operates Dejero and camera.
- Maintains communication with assignment desk, master control and reporters via cell phones.
- Participates in Field productions.
- To include but not limited to set up, tear down and production assignments.
- Other operational duties as assigned.
- Ability to work under time pressure deadlines, strong computer skills and willingness to work unscheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends.
- Must have or develop functional to advanced knowledge of various studio and remote telecasting equipment.
- Must have or develop functional knowledge of common television newsgathering equipment including cameras, tripods, microphones, lighting and other field equipment.
- Ability to operate news video editing systems, with functional knowledge of non-linear and/or desktop-based editing systems.
- Must be willing to travel by ground or air.
- Valid Driver’s License.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College degree in communications or related field preferred, or in the process of pursuing a degree in communications or related field.
Functional knowledge of television news operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to function under considerable levels of stress and be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to maintain amicable working relationships with co-workers, management and the public.
- Will periodically either be sitting, standing, walking, crouching, or stooping.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel, push and pull, reach with hands and arms and computer keyboard and mouse will be used continuously throughout the work day.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to hear and speak since both written and verbal communication are required on a regular basis.
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other compute components
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and loss of staff members
- Participate in an established on-call rotation
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying distances