North Country Public Radio, Multi-Platform Content Specialist
North Country Public Radio is seeking a creative, ambitious, and talented Multi-Platform Content Specialist/Announcer.
Key responsibilities and duties
- For all NCPR platforms, create, mix and produce content including, but not limited to:
- programming such as podcasts, features, articles, and show materials
- fundraising such as air and social promos, scripts, and audience testimonials
- audience-focused community engagement outreach material
- marketing, underwriting, and promotional elements and materials
- Serve as announcer and on-air host as assigned
- Manage and execute all aspects of the station’s Media Sponsorship program
- Voice tracking and programming for broadcast automation
- Work with Production Manager to provide video production support
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Director of Audience, Programs and Outreach
- Two years professional announcing and media production experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to execute critical conversations and make clear decisions in matters of importance to listeners, coworkers and the general public.
- Strong computer skills with a demonstrated familiarity of computer systems, including content management systems, MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), and ability to learn new programs as required.
- Proficiency with audio editing software, audio broadcast automation software, and audio broadcast equipment required.
- Highly organized and motivated team player who is professional and creative to execute high level and independent decisions.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions on complex communication tasks and prioritization of assignments.
- Valid driver’s license and some travel required.
- Associates degree or higher preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with public radio standards and practices.
- Familiarity with producing for social media
- Understanding of the Emergency Alert System.
Interested applicants must apply online at https://employment.stlawu.edu/postings/2943 uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Mitch Teich, NCPR Station Manager at email@example.com.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
North Country Public Radio, licensed to St. Lawrence University, is committed to public service and sense of place for northern New York State. Through a network of 32 stations, NCPR reaches a huge geography including the St. Lawrence Valley, the Adirondacks, and the Champlain Valley. As a long-time leader in public radio, NCPR’s award-winning news team and station is known, nation-wide, for excellence. The 1000 Islands, the Adirondack Park region including Lake Placid, and the Canadian cities of Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal are all located nearby. NCPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Find us at https://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/.