- Full Time
- 405 Partnership Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060
Help Develop The Trucks Of Tomorrow!
Class A CDL Driver
Our goal is saving lives through autonomous technology.
We are seeking people who are passionate about making a difference in the world. Torc is growing, and we’re assembling teams of creative, ambitious people who have the tenacity to make the impossible possible. Join us as we make our roads, workplaces, and missions safer for everyone.
Our culture is one of openness and transparency and our work reflects that. Torc’rs are encouraged to bring forward new ideas and initiatives, and no matter what job you are working on, you’ll be able to directly observe how your contribution comes to life in the solutions we create together.
Our team is building a self-driving truck intended for long haul highway routes. We are looking for experienced drivers to join our growing team.
- Driving and ensuring safe operation of autonomous semi-trucks
- Complete driving reports, procedures, and tests in order to collect data to improve the technology
- Provide essential feedback on system performance to the team
- Navigating inter and intrastate regulations, maintaining accurate logs and records
- Notable attention to detail, both with documentation and on the road.
- Work closely with engineers, software developers, technicians, and operators.
- Valid Virginia CDL
- Clean driving record with 5+ years of experience
- Willing to work occasional nights & weekends with short notice
- An interest in autonomous technology
Perks of Being a Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Flexible work hours and generous paid vacation (9am-5pm)
- Regional Driving, no long hauls
- Working in fast-growing startup
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training